Battery Management System (BMS) Electrical Engineer
Location 카멀, 인디애나 주, 미국
공고 ID J000639843
Ideally you have an Electrical Engineering degree (B.S. or M.S.) with relevant experience with mixed-mode analog and digital circuit design, circuit simulation, and printed circuit board layout. Experience with battery management systems (BMS) or chargers for batteries is a plus.
- Experience with analog circuit design, op-amps, RC filters, frequency response, Bode plots. Ability to create and draw schematics of analog filters, voltage sources, voltage dividers.
- Experience with analog-to-digital converters (ADC) and DACs. Know the difference between SAR and delta-sigma. Be able to calculate bit resolution, sampling frequency, oversampling, Nyquist frequency.
- Experience with power supplies. Able to draw schematics for power supplies, switching transistors, small dc-dc converters.
- Experience with microcontrollers. Able to select a microcontroller based on functional requirements. Know how to assign GPIO pins, built-in peripherals such as ADC, CAN, SPI, UART. Knowledge of MCU functions such as power modes, clock frequencies, JTAG, on-board programmers.
- Experience with digital communications, I2C, SPI, CAN, UART.
- Be able to select parts. For example, know how to use datasheets to select between tantalum vs. ceramic vs. electrolytic capacitors.
- Experience with circuit capture programs to draw schematics.
- Knowledge of printed circuit board layout techniques, such as multilayer boards, ground planes, power planes, optimal parts placement for noise mitigation or frequency ringing.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) to analyze possible failure modes and ways to mitigate those failures.
- Experience with battery-related circuity a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with a team consisting of industry-leading lithium-ion battery experts and firmware developers.
- Work in a laboratory featuring state-of-the-art battery test equipment, test automation, digital communications, and data acquisition systems.
- Design a Battery Management System (BMS) controller. Document requirements from the team and determine the functionality. Draw the schematic that performs the functions.
- Simulate and validate critical analog inputs and outputs.
- Perform a DFMEA on the schematic and determine failure modes. Work with the team of battery experts to rank and mitigate the failure modes.
- Select parts for the schematic: every capacitor, resistor, op-amp, transistor, etc.
- Make best-practices layout specifications. Either perform the board layout yourself or work with a third party to perform board layout.
- Fabricate the circuit board. Work with firmware team to program the board and test all functionality.
- Working with the battery team, install the BMS on actual lithium-ion batteries and test all functionality.
- This role will generate several designs over the next years. Be prepared to take on leading and mentoring additional electrical engineers as the team expands to accommodate multiple designs.
- Future designs will incorporate increasingly advanced features, such as Bluetooth communications, wireless communications, and edge-to-cloud connectivity.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
주요 채용 정보 / 최근에 본 채용 정보 / 저장한 채용 정보
주요 채용 정보
최근에 본 채용 정보
최근에 본 채용 정보 없음구인 중인 일자리 모두 보기
저장한 채용 정보
No saved jobs구인 중인 일자리 모두 보기