Power Electronics Specialist
Location 트로이, 미시간 주, 미국
공고 ID J000633840
DRIVE AN ACCELERATION TOWARDS ZERO EMISSIONS IN TRANSPORTATION THROUGH BETTER POWER ELECTRONICS.
This position is part of our Signal & Power Solutions segment, Vehicle Electrification Systems business unit.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Power Electronics Specialist that will be located in Troy, MI.
This position is a critical mechanical engineering role within our recently formed Vehicle Electrification Systems group focused on delivering technical breakthroughs, industry leading products, and commercial success through our power electronics investments.
As one of the first electrical engineers on the team, you will play a key role in the design of our first product. Your design will ensure that our products have a unique selling proposition that lives up to the strategy and stand the test of time. You will be at the heart of every design decision and advance not just your skills, but the power electronics field.
Through system integration and innovation, we strongly believe that there is an opportunity deliver more power electronics performance, efficiency and value as OEMs develop their next generation EV and PHEV offerings to fulfill consumer demand that we can further accelerate. With your experience, we will execute this vision and make it happen in the very near term.
- Own start to finish development of mechanical interfaces, components, and system from specification to design, prototype, reliability validation and high-volume manufacturing
- Collaborate with power electronics, PCB layout, process and system engineering teams to successfully design, validate and manufacture products that meet the customer requirements
- Own the design and 3D modeling of mechanical components, systems and assemblies including plastics, sheet metal, die casting, heat sinks, insulation systems, PCBAs, high voltage connectors, fasteners, power electronics and micro controllers.
- Lead mechanical design analysis including thermal, CFD, structural, design for manufacturing, and design for test
- Solve power electronics packaging issues including isolation, sealing, corrosion, thermal management, interconnection, shock and vibration management, etc.
- Coordinate requirements and design reviews in each of the sample phases with DFMEA to ensure product quality assurance
- Develop engineering and manufacturing test plans
- Create drawing packages and initiate work instructions for manufacturing team
- Assist in engineering prototype builds, and component fabrication
- Collaborate with suppliers to insure design robustness and cost advantages
- Support internal and external customer technical communications
- Ensure compliance with customer specific requirements
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field from an accredited institution
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience with Electrical/power electronics high voltage hardware development experience – DCDC converter/OBCs/inverters for industrial or aerospace or military drives, battery electric or hybrid electric vehicle systems
- Strong communication skills that translate the benefits of technical decisions in your field to colleagues, management, and other stakeholders, including customers
- Ensure compliance with customer specific requirements.
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- Master’s Degree or PhD majoring in power electronics from an accredited institution
- 5 years’ plus experience Electrical/Electronic hardware - power electronics/OBC/DCDC/inverters for industrial or aerospace or military drives, battery electric and hybrid electric vehicle systems
- Experience with model-based design methods
- Familiar with electric vehicle power conversation technologies, standards and regulations
- Power electronics product digital control knowledge
- Experience in conducting, electrical, thermal and EMC analysis of OBC, DCDC , inverter or Integrated power electronics module system and subsystems
- Experience with CAD tools: circuit and behavioral simulation (SPICE, Plecs/PSim, Saber, Ansys, Matlab/Simulink) or understand PCB layout guidance
- Experience performing design verification testing
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
About Vehicle Electrification Systems:
VES, or vehicle electrification systems combines Aptiv’s high voltage wiring, charging, connection systems and power electronics capabilities under one tight nit, but expanding team. We are focused on providing OEMs with complete solutions that solve their most complex integration challenges as they develop their next generation of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us stronger.
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv’s success. Everyday our diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings. When you join our team, you’ll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some see technology. We see a way to make connections.
At Aptiv, we don’t just see the world differently; we work to change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what’s possible in the pursuit of making transportation safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than 180,000 of us globally, located in 44 countries, and united by one mission. Join the movement and together, let’s change tomorrow.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
주요 채용 정보 / 최근에 본 채용 정보 / 저장한 채용 정보
주요 채용 정보
최근에 본 채용 정보
최근에 본 채용 정보 없음구인 중인 일자리 모두 보기
저장한 채용 정보
No saved jobs구인 중인 일자리 모두 보기